Since its incorporation in 1960, the unprecedented growth of San Dimas has transformed the City from an essentially rural area to a well-balanced community offering industrial, commercial, and residential living. In addition to the 1,700 acre Frank G. Bonelli Recreational Area which lies within the City boundaries, there are many parks such as San Dimas Canyon Park, a city-owned golf course (San Dimas Canyon Golf Club), and over 27 miles of equestrian trails for riding. The city services include an extensive recreational program for youth and for senior citizens, and the City boasts a new modern City Hall, with excellent provisions made for County Sheriff and Fire Departments, along with a fine Los Angeles County Library and Engineering Regional Office.
Things You CAN Bring
- Motor oil, antifreeze, paint, paint thinner
- Turpentine, cleaners with acids or lye
- Pesticides and herbicides
- Household and car batteries
- Old computers and television sets
- Sharps or used needles
- Expired pharmaceuticals and mercury thermometers
Things You CANNOT Bring
- Explosives, ammunition or radioactive materials
- Waste from businesses will not be accepted
- Trash or old tires
- White goods such as washers, stoves, refrigerators or air conditioners
How to Prepare
- In general, there is a limit of 15 gallons or 125 lbs. per vehicle.
- Bring items in a sturdy box, preferably in their original labeled containers.
- Be prepared to leave your containers.
- Do not mix products together.
Smart Gardening Workshops